Global Voices stands out as one of the earliest and strongest examples of how media committed to building community and defending human rights can positively influence how people experience events happening beyond their own communities and national borders.
Please consider making a donation to help us continue this work.
Most likely the accidnt could have been smaller if:
1. the security doors were unchained
2. if not maybe more exits doors
3. or those upstairs had an easy way out without going downstairs
4. if their was a sprinkler system
5. if the security guard limited access to a much smaller crowd
6. if onstage fireworks were outlawed
7. if anyone gave a hoot about safety
8. if the owner wasn’t trying to make a revenue killing for the new years
9. if the fire department showed up quicker
10. if there were smoke detectors and a sound system that could reach all parts of the building