Blog Action Day is an annual event that unites bloggers around the world in posting about the same issue on the same day. This year on October 15, 2010 bloggers are joining voices to discuss: water!
It's a human rights issue, an environmental rights issue, and a health issue. And it affects everyone, worldwide.
Join Blog Action Day
Thousands of blogs in 130 different countries have already joined. Together they claim a collective audience that exceeds 30 million readers. If you would like to participate with your own blog, go to www.blogactionday.org and register your voice too.
Today, from Global Voices Bloggers
- Delicias en el agua by Lully from Colombia
- Mujeres del Agua: Indígenas y Derecho al agua limpia by Paulina Aguilera from Ecuador
- Rising Voices Bloggers on Blog Action Day by Rezwan from Bangladesh
- Hipocresía by Juliana Rincón from Peru/Colombia
- Blog Action Day: únete tú también by Lully from Colombia
- El derecho a beber…Agua!- Blog Action Day by Felipe Cordero from Chile
- LERMA: A Dying River in Mexico by Andrea Arzaba from Mexico
- Blog Action Day: Agua by Juan Arellano from Peru
- #BAD10: Water supply and sanitation in Ecuador by Milton Ramirez from Ecuador
- MDGs Need Water by Victor Kaonga from Malawi
- Blog Action Day 2010 : L’eau potable à Madagascar by Lova Rakotomalala from Madagascar
- Nepal's Water Woes by Bhumika Ghimire from Nepal
- Pénurie d’eau potable dans les localités rurales au Mali by Boukary Konaté from Mali
- #BAD10 – Blog Action Day 2010 by FCandy and Avylavitra in Madagascar
- Is there a Genie in the Bottle – and is it In or Out? by Maria Grabowski Kjær from Denmark
- Water and the United Arab Emirates by Prisha Bhoola from South Africa
- Blogging for a Cause: Blog Action Day 2010 by Nyein from Myanmar
- Blog Action Day 2010- Water by Arzu Geybulla from Azerbaijan
- #Madagascar | The walk for water | Blog Action Day 2010 by Tomavana in Madagascar
Global Voices stories about water
Global Voices authors often write stories about water issues referencing online citizen media around the world. Here are some posts from the past months for your inspiration.
13 Sep – Nigeria: Oil Wealth Flows, Hunger Persists by Juhie Bhatia
13 Sep – Global: If there is no water, there is no life by Victor Kaonga
20 Aug – Sao Tome & Principe: Revolt Against Water Diverted from Hospital by Sara Moreira
Jul-Aug – Special Coverage: Pakistan Floods 2010
12 Aug – India: Oil Spill Near Mumbai Threatens Beaches And Mangrove Forests by Rezwan
08 Aug – The Great Floods of Singapore by Mong Palatino
22 Jul – Philippines: Manila Water Crisis by Karlo Mikhail Mongaya
26 Jun – Worldwide: The oil spills that don't make the news by Juliana Rincón
24 Jun – Brazil: “Tsunami” hits some of the poorest riverside cities by Paula Góes
14 Jun – South Korea: Understanding the Oil Spill From Painful Experience by Lee Yoo Eun
3 May – Saudi Arabia: When it rains in Riyadh, it pours by Amira Al Hussaini
20 Apr – Peru: Lima Residents Run to Raise Awareness for Water Issues by Gabriela García Calderón
24 Mar – Ghana: Blogging for World Water Day by Mac-Jordan
Looking for photos to illustrate your post?
There are numerous photo groups related to water on Flickr and many of the photographers share their photos under Creative Commons licenses that allow you to republish them on your own blog with attribution. Check the individual photos to see permissions. This is a slideshow from the group Our World, Our Water: