Michael Jackson was an American recording artist and entertainer. He died at the age of 50 in Los Angeles on June 25, 2009. Few artists have earned such worldwide fame and recognition. Although scandal and allegations of sexual child abuse marked his last years, he leaves behind a legacy of pop music that influenced generations.
Global Voices authors look at the outpouring of commentary from bloggers around the world.
Global Voices posts about Michael Jackson
07 Jul – Arab World: Good Bye Michael Jackson
30 Jun - Saudi Arabia: Michael Jackson v. Elvis Presley
28 Jun – Iraq: Remembering Michael Jackson
28 Jun – Africa: Bloggers pay tribute to Michael Jackson
27 Jun – Bahrain: Remembering Michael
27 Jun – MJ Death Reaction in Kuwait
27 Jun – South Asia: The World Is Poorer Without MJ
26 Jun – Caribbean, USA: Tributes to the “King of Pop”
Links to posts from around the world
- Ukraine: A tribute to Michael Jackson from Taras of Ukrainiana
- Japan: Esu-kei remembers the popular video game Moonwalker featuring the animated version of Michael Jackson.
- India: Lightning Strikes Everyday looks at the mechanics of the legendary moonwalk dance of the pop star Michael Jackson.
- India: Kamla Bhatt expounds on the huge influence of Michael Jackson on the Bollywood film industry.
- Iran: An Iranian protest video montage of images to the music of Michael Jackson's song, “They don't really care about us” (graphic images)
Global Voices posts from the archives
24 Nov 08 – Michael Jackson ‘Converts’ to Islam