1. São Paulo, Brazil | Photo by Rodrigo Borges Delfim
Parque Ibirapuera (Ibirapuera Park), the most famous in the city. The Christmas Tree is famous and a popular visiting spot in December – even on rainy days.
2. Kyiv, Ukraine | Tanya Lokot
At one of the Christmas markets in Kyiv, in a huge art gallery full of handmade holiday goodies like these tree ornaments.
3. Victoria, Canada | Photo by Nevin Thomson
British Columbia's Provincial legislature buildings decorated for Christmas.
4. Bonn, Germany | Photo by Annie Zaman
“It's so warm here in Germany that we ended up drinking Alpen beer instead of Gluehwein. Anyone having a white Christmas this year? “
5. Maputo, Mozambique | Dércio Tsandzana
“Happy Holidays from the Tdanszana family”. Taken right outside the Parliament House in Maputo.
6. Guatemala City, Guatemala | Photo by Renata Avila
“Climate Change Santa is wearing shades.”
7. Beirut, Lebanon | Photo by Thalia Rahme
Christmas tree decorated by Thalia's mom.
8. Lima, Peru | Juan Arellano
This is part of the XI national contest of nativity scenes. Crafted with Shipibos, Peruvian amazon jungle people. The textile of the cushma (tunic) depicted is typical but stylized. Among the usual nativity animals there is a jaguar.
9. Toronto, Canada | Photo by Mahsa Alimardani
“Merry Christmas and happy holidays! We're having a weirdly warm Christmas in Toronto (we had Arctic temperatures this time last year!). We're bbq'ing Christmas dinner for the first time (ever). That's my dad grilling.”
10. Feira de Santana, Brazil | Paula Goes
Feast prepared by Ana, Paula's aunt.
11. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago | Georgia Popplewell
“Greetings from sunny Trinidad, where at least the weather isn't doing anything too abnormal, though it's probably a couple of degrees warmer than it should be in the evenings. I'm having a quiet Christmas, so sharing a photo of my little Christmas tree, made by the metal artisans of Croix des Bouquets, Haiti. The francophones should be able to figure out what the words mean.”
12. Paris, France | Elise
Bon appetit! Jambon d'york en croute.
13. Miami, Florida | Photo by Roberto Valencia
“My mother's house, where I'm spending Christmas. Miami, Florida.”
14. Santiago, Chile | Elizabeth Rivera
“Our Christmas Turkey. [ ..] It's 33 Celsius in Santiago, so Santa is wearing shorts.”
15. Lahore, Pakistan | Rai Azlan
Greetings from a hotel in Lahore.
16. San Jose, U.S.A | Mary Aviles
“Merry Christmas from my living room in San Jose, California.”
17. Kolkata, India | Aparna Ray
Santa in a traditional dhoti. At the Christmas festival on Park Street in Kolkata.
Many thanks to the Global Voices members who shared photos from their celebrations and Christmas dinner tables.