Global Voices and the Melton Foundation have launched a new round of collaboration that will see a team of authors from Global Voices mentor a group of Fellows of the Melton Foundation in blogging and social media research.
Over the next four months, six Melton fellows from Chile, India and China will be coached over the internet in research and writing for Global Voices. The goal is to highlight solutions to inequality and discrimination in their regions, and gain experience writing for a global audience.
This is the second time Global Voices will be mentoring Melton fellows, after a successful first run in 2013.
The Melton Foundation promotes “global citizenship as a way for individuals and organizations to work together across boundaries of place and identity to address global challenges”.
On their website, they explain that sharing awareness of societal problems in a forum like Global Voices, “is an integral part of being a global citizen.”
Melton Fellows wrote these stories on Global Voices in 2013:
- Indian Journalist Slammed for Reporting Atop Flood Victim's Shoulders by Vigneshwar Shankar, June 30, 2013
- Chile: Decreto que prohíbe uso de leña ‘deja helado’ a Temuco by Javiera Muñoz, July 9, 2013
- In English – Chile: Firewood Prohibition Decree Freezes Temuco, Published July 22, 2013
- Water Shortage Crisis Looms Large In Bangalore, India by Nickhil Sharma, July 26, 2013
- Is India Biting Off More Than It Can Chew with its New Food Security Bill? by Vigneshwar Shankar, July 30, 2013
- El tema mapuche ausenta en la campaña presidencial chilena by Javiera Muñoz, August 16, 2013
- In English – Chile’s Presidential Campaign Mum on ‘Mapuche Conflict’, Published August 21, 2013
- Chile: Demandan a programa que muestra abusos de dictadura de Pinochet by Javiera Muñoz, September 9, 2013
- In English– Hundreds of Chileans File Complaints Against TV Show on Pinochet Dictatorship), Published September 10, 2013
- Suicide Shines Light on Harsh Reality Faced by China’s Rural Teachers by Danping Wang, October 11, 2013
Global Voices has conducted a number of mentorships for organizational partners over the years.