The results are in for Ghana's first ever social media awards.
Thirteen people and organizations were awarded on March 23, 2013 for their outstanding use of social media to create content and promote their work during ceremony in Ghana, which was attended by US Ambassador to Ghana Gene A. Cretz. The contest was hosted by Blogging Ghana, a group of bloggers and social media users writing out of Ghana or about the Ghanaian experience.
Blogging Ghana's website displays the following as the winners of the various categories listed:
- Best Business and Commerce Blog – eStock Analysis.
- Best Technology Blog – Techy-Africa.
- Best Organisational Blog – AccraDotAlt.
- Best Showbiz and Entertainment Blog – AmeyawDebrah.com
- Best Activist Blog – Adventures from the Bedrooms of African Women
- Best Citizen Journalism Blog – Circumspect
- Best Lifestyle Blog – Ganyobinaa.com
- Best Creative, Literary, Short Stories, Poetry Blog – Ganyobinaa.com
- Best Photo Blog – A window to Ghana and Africa – Nana Kofi Acquah
- Award for Personality with the Best Social Media Presence – @mutomboDaPoet
- Best Original Content goes - Kodjo Deynoo Poetry
- Best Blog – Adventures from the Bedrooms of African Women
- Honorary Award for Exemplary Social Media Activism – Ghana Decides
According to Blogging Ghana website, nominations for the award were received from 314 people, totaling 1,128 nominations spread over 13 categories. That averages about 87 nominations per category.