This post is part of our special coverage Syria Protests 2011/13 
Consequences of war on Syrian children:
An estimated 4,355 Syrian children have been killed (up to 15/1/2013) in the on-going conflict in Syria, according to latest report released by Martyrs of the Syrian Revolution Database . Thousands more have been wounded, detained, or left without family, or access to medical aid and humanitarian assistance.
According to the UN Refugee Agency  (UNHCR), 650,764 Syrian refugees are registered or awaiting registration inside and outside Syria. More than half of them (52%) are under 18. However, countless Syrian children have been confronted with the anguish of losing their home, their belongings, and parents. The Children's Rights Portal reports :
In such conditions, practically all the necessary constants for child development are seriously disrupted, and the psychological damages of armed conflicts are incalculable…. These children, unable to grow up in an atmosphere of trust and having had to face atrocities from a very young age, often develop the conviction that violence is a way like any other to solve disputes, and so it is difficult for them to send a message of peace and international security to future generations.
How to Help Syrian Children?
Earlier this week, we reported  on the steep price Syrian children are paying in this war tearing their country apart. Today, we look at ways in which individuals could help alleviate some of their suffering.
With your responsible actions, you can show your compassion and you can raise your voice so that the United Nations fulfills its roles towards protecting the rights of children abused in Syria. Show your solidarity with the children of Syria by:
- Show your care by sharing this article where are many ways that can help to save Syrian children from their horrific destiny.
- Sharing the cause through Rise 4 humanity  which is:
A movement dedicated to raising public awareness of crimes against humanity all over the world and
helping to stop them, starting with the atrocities occurring against the Children of Syria.
The next video [Warning: Graphic, features dead children] represents the Syrian children case by Rise 4 Humanity.
- In the UK, London, notice that in your urban Metro there are UNICEF ads to support children of Syria , Donate 5 pounds.
- Donate,  ANY AMOUNT, on the main page of UNICEF.
- Give Books to help the education of Syrian children through Just Giving website: Books4Syria 
- Donate to Safeworld  to give the support to the school in the Zaatari refugee camp known as the “children's camp” because nearly half its 33,000 residents are under the age of 18.
- Donate  to Save the Children  to provide warm clothes, shoes, and blankets for children providing winter aid packages specially-made for infants.
Save the Children launched a campaign to Stop the Crimes Against Syria’s Children. The response was phenomenal – resulting in worldwide attention to the atrocities that children are living through in Syria. This was our fastest growing campaign, with thousands of people signing up every day.
- Share stories and photographs of The Children of Syria  on Facebook. By sharing this page, you help to expand its reach and support to stop the killing of childhood in Syria.
- On Facebook: Save Syrian children 
- On Facebook: SRC  Syrian refugees in Lebanon [ar] (تنسيقية اللاجئين السوريين في لبنان )
- Spread the word, participate in Global walk 4 children of Syria 
- Sponsor an orphan today with $50 on Syrian orphans 
- Change.org: Join the campaign Stop the Crimes Against Syria's Children 
Help by sending these sites and petitions to your friends and your official representatives. They can do a lot. You can do a lot.
- Avaaz: Protect Syria’s Children Now! 
- Avazz: Stop the Torture of Children in Syria! 
- In USA, tell your elected officials to stop the slaughter of the Syrian people through Syrian American Consul 
- Petition to Congress and President Obama: Stop the Killing in Syria 
- The petition site: To Dear President Bashar Assad: Tell Syrian Government: Stop Torturing Children! 
Local Communities which help Syrian children:
- جمعية سردة للتنمية SRDH Association for Development 
- مؤسسة الإغاثة والتنمية الإنسانية السورية Najda-Now International E.V 
- For Syrian University students. Institute of International Education: An Education Crisis in Syria: How You Can Help 
- And more than 32 national and international organizations which provide Child Protection from Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt on the UNHCR Syrian refugees website .
The next video, Out in the Cold: Syrian refugee families brave the winter, is posted by savethechildrenuk  to illustrate the needs of children and fundraising aid to Syrian children refugees:
Syria's children are the innocent victims of this war and drawing attention to their plight and trying to help ease their suffering in the least anyone can do.
This post is part of our special coverage Syria Protests 2011/13