Global Voices seeks a Finance and Administration Manager to support our operations on a daily basis. The selected candidate will join a small, energetic team of project directors, editors, and technical staff who run Global Voices projects. Global Voices has experienced rapid growth in the past year, and requires an efficient manager who can help us to improve and maintain our administrative and financial processes, work with us on developing and maintaining operational budgets, and help build efficient and cost-effective operations solutions as we expand.
The manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage Global Voices finances on a daily basis, including maintaining and updating the operational budget, tracking and categorizing incoming revenue, processing invoices, coding and preparing expenses, reconciling the budget on a monthly basis, managing bank relationships, and working closely with our accounting firm on all aspects of financial management.
- Maintain and update records of all grants, contracts, and other revenue sources, including a monthly expenditures against grants, and a calendar of financial and administrative reporting obligations.
- Maintain and update legal and regulatory files, tax filings, personnel files, and staff benefits, and other administrative matters as needed.
- Design and update document and budget templates and forms.
- Work with other core staff members to draft proposal budgets.
- Work with department heads to set up and maintain department budgets.
We are seeking a candidate with the following skills:
- Previous experience in nonprofit finance and administration, including experience managing grants, revenue, and bookkeeping.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks skills.
- Previous experience with grant and contracts administration, management of revenue flows.
- Highly organized and efficient, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently in a wholly virtual environment – Global Voices has no office or physical headquarters.
To work effectively with our community, we would prefer that candidates:
- Have experience living and working internationally, or have traveled extensively in the developing world
- Have experience working in diverse, multicultural environments.
Candidates located in Trinidad and Tobago or Washington D.C. may receive some preference, as several of our key managers are based in those cities.
The ideal candidate should have a commitment to the values and goals of Global Voices, they will be joining a relatively new and growing management team who are dedicated to amplifying the voices of world. There is no geographic requirement associated with this position, but travel is expected. Candidates must have access to broadband internet connectivity and comfortable using VOIP services such as Skype, and be comfortable working in a wholly virtual environment. We welcome candidates from outside North America and Europe, and encourage people currently working on the Global Voices project to apply.
The position is full-time, but employment status will be independent contractor.
To express your interest, please send a cover letter and CV to “adminjob AT globalvoicesonline DOT org” by no later than October 17, 2011.