The sixth edition of the “Blog of the Year” contest is over, and the results have been announced. This year (as in a few previous editions), the whole contest was divided into three stages. The first one – general nominations, the second – SMS voting and selecting finalists per categories, and the third, the final, one, where the winners were chosen by a special committee. Also, each category had its own jury member, an acclaimed person connected to the topic.
The Best Blog of 2010, the Best Blog by Bloggers (an award given by bloggers who had won in the previous years) and the Best Blog in the category “My passions” was won by Mateusz Biskup, the author of the blog Zapiski z Granitowego Miasta (“Notes from the City of Granite”).
- Me and my life – the winner is Andzia i jej nieborak – a story of two people who have cancer
- Professional – the winner is PiotrWajszczak.pl – about secrets of sales and multi-level marketing
- Politics and society – the winner is Tuudi – about what true freedom is, by a Silesia native and a liberal
- Travel – the winner is Klapki Kubota State of Mind – around the world in a random car
- Culture – the winner is O sztuce – a personal blog about art
- Photo, video, comics – the winner is Transfokator – a photoblog
- Literature – the winner is Paczucha.blog – stories about the pain and happiness of living
- Absurd and off - the winner is Elka Gra – written by a not-so-young but active public administration employee
- Teens – the winner is Bieber Forever – a story of two teenagers who know what real life is
Special awards were given to blogs that made an impact on the development of the Polish blogosphere:
- for being a pioneer cooking blogger
- for proving that cooking can be an esthetic experience, and that it is not limited to the kitchen
- for promoting the culture of cooking in the fast-food era
- for subjective and professional look at the recipes promoted in commercials
Bez sloganu (Without a slogan)
- for producing the first videoblog done by priests
- for showing that the Church is not afraid of the new technologies
- for evangelizing with the common language and answering ordinary questions
- for being natural and for direct contact with the viewers
Wrocław z wybory (Wrocław from choice)
- for reporting live on the spring 2010 floods
- for competing with the big media in speedy delivery of the news
- for proving that love for the place one lives in can be contagious
The blogosphere and prominent Polish bloggers took the whole contest and its results very well.
Maciej Budzich commented:
I am positively surprised with the atmosphere, the good energy, organisation and the quality of the blogs that took part in this year's competition.
Maciej also wrote in his video post that, thanks to this contest, a nice database of quality Polish blogs is being built and that's one of the best places to look for new stories and bloggers.
In general, #blogroku [#blogoftheyear] was really good.
Premiados varios y por premiar…