14 November 2009

Stories from 14 November 2009

India: Equality

  14 November 2009

“About 15 percent population consisting of political leaders and government servants have, through their corrupt practices, amassed 85 percent of the total wealth of India, leaving only 15 percent of it to the balanced 85 percent population of the country,” comments Ram Bansal at India in Peril.

Featured Editor: Onnik Krikorian

  14 November 2009

Onnik Krikorian is a British blogger, journalist, and photographer of Armenian decent who has been living in Yerevan, one of the world's oldest continuously-inhabited cities, for the past 11 years. He is the Caucasus Editor for Global Voices where he amplifies the latest discussions taking place among bloggers in Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia.

Jordan: Letter to MBC

  14 November 2009

Jordanian Ola Eliwat, from Cinnamon Zone, pens an open letter to MBC television group. In it, she writes: “And please consider shutting down 90% of your channels, I think it would be a HUGE favor for the Arab nation!”

Bloggers Remember TEDIndia: The Good, the Bad and the Quirky

  14 November 2009

When the legendary TED conference came down to India, Indian bloggers were understandably excited. Some of the bloggers participated in the event and Gaurav Mishra was one of them. In this post he compiles a roundup of bloggers reactions to the TEDIndia 2009 conference, which took place earlier this month in Mysore, India.

Singapore: Housing prices

  14 November 2009

Urbanrant warns against new policies and trends which contradict the promotion of “affordable housing” in Singapore.

Singapore: Monitoring New Media

  14 November 2009

It has been reported in Singapore that “government ministries and agencies have been seeking social media intelligence services for monitoring online sentiments related to their scope of work.”

Receive great stories from around the world directly in your inbox.

Sign up to receive the best of Global Voices!

Submitted addresses will be confirmed by email, and used only to keep you up to date about Global Voices and our mission. See our Privacy Policy for details.

Newsletter powered by Mailchimp (Privacy Policy and Terms).

* = required field
Email Frequency

No thanks, show me the site