Global Voices (GV) is seeking to hire a part-time co-director for Lingua, our translation community:
THE JOB: The Lingua co-director will oversee the running of the Global Voices translation community in collaboration with the existing co-director. Duties will include the following:
- planning strategy for the translation community
– participating in discussions on the community mailing lists and Global Voices general mailing list
– conducting meetings with translation community editors and translators
– keeping track of overall workflow and output of translation sites
– overseeing the creation of new translation sites and orienting new translation site editors
– managing translation community budget
– acting as liaison between the GV translation community and other GV sections, including the the GV core team
As Global Voices is a virtual organization, the co-director will not be expected to relocate. However, he or she needs regular access to high-speed internet connectivity. Start date: as soon as possible.
Our ideal candidate will:
- have a combination of relevant expertise in online media and translation. Some management experience is also desirable
– have the ability to work independently, in an unstructured work environment, and to work with a virtual community
– be computer literate. Programming knowledge not required but strong familiarity with the use of online social media tools (blogging platforms, aggregators) is important
– speak and write English fluently, and be highly proficient in at least one other language; polyglot speakers highly desirable!
Interested candidates please send your CV and a Letter of Interest explaining why you'd be a good candidate for the job to: editor AT globalvoicesonline DOT org