Image via Haidhuru
- The Kenyan budget was recently announced and the Kenyan blogosphere was on hand to provide commentary. Ms. K notes that though she's no budget expert, since “there was a whole House-full of Jack/Jill Arses who sat through the whole thing. I figure that by any estimation, I'm as qualified to ramble on about the budget as any of them!” Ah…the beauty of blogs…giving people the ability to provide the (much-needed) alternative perspective. Bankelele highlights the major changes.
- The Kenyan government says that it plans ban smoking in all public places including, according to one report, “bars, churches, and sport stadia.” Church? “Who smokes in church?” wonders Mama Junkyard.
- Bankelele points us to Kenya's first electoral constituency website.
- Thinker deconstructs the soap opera.
- Nicholas Gichu lets us know what he's been up to. The entry starts off with a day that was “nipple freezing freaking cold-goodbye peripheral sensation hello numbness-despite dressing like some russian during winter bila (without) the vodosky!”
- Karoki says it is time for a new broom in Kenya. Ng'ethu Star concurs. Echoing the sense of frustration with the state of affairs in Kenya, Udi, pens his version of Tupac's Letter to the President (explicit language).
- Martin Kimani on Putin and “African cannibalism”.
- Haidhuru on mother tongue interference. P.S. check out the rest of the blog for some wonderful pictures of daily life in Kenya.