A sample of reactions:
- Thinker provides the tongue-in-cheek version of events.
- Martin Kimani of Bullets and Honey thinks Lucy should be thanked for stripping away the illusion that is Kenya.
- Soulsytah is embarrassed.
- I'm more rankled about the conflict of interest question that's raised by the story.
- Given all the talk about pyjamas and bikinis, Ms. K offers the First Lady Swim Suit edition.
- Afromusing thinks the First Lady's actions have set the women's movement back.
- The First Lady launches a blog to tell her side of the story.
- Mental Acrobat develops a great typology of the online and offline reactions to the First Lady's actions.
- Finally, Mama Junkyard would like to see the media raise the level of debate. In the process of posing this challenge, MJY (along with all the commenters) has done just that.
To keep up with the exponentially growing Kenyan blogosphere, check out Nchi Yetu Daily, which aggregates feeds from Kenyan blogs.